Stipends & Benefits
Henry Ford strives to provide a competitive stipend and benefits package to residents.
Henry Ford Health System is committed to paying all employees, including interns, residents and fellows, a market competitive wage. We provide all levels of employees with a total compensation package that is commensurate with their responsibilities, competitive with other organizations in the labor market in which we compete, and perceived to be fair and equitable. The objectives of our compensation program are to attract and retain the best employees in the industry, motivate them to do their best, and support our mission and goals.
Total compensation package includes:
- Stipend/Salary: Amount paid annually, under contract, in bi-weekly paychecks.
- My Choice Rewards: Flex Benefits for non-management, including medical, vision and dental plans, accidental death and dismemberment, life and long-term disability insurance plans, flexible healthcare and dependent care accounts and adoption assistance.
- Professional Development Fund: Discretionary funds available to residents for approved education-related expenses to further their development as a physician.
- Paid time off (vacation): Four weeks per academic year.
2021-22 House Officer Salary Schedule
|Year Level||Annual Salary||Professional Development Fund|
My Choice Rewards can be tailored to meet the needs of you and your family.
- Malpractice (Professional Liability) Insurance
- Medical, vision and dental plans
- Health care and Dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Disability plan with the option to purchase more coverage
- Term Life insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Plan
- Dependent Life insurance
- Leave of absence options including medical, FMLA, military, personal, etc
- Reimbursement for Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- 24-hour access to medical library resources
- House officer lounge
- Free parking
- Active House Staff Council
- As a Henry Ford Health System employee you can take advantage of several discount programs and special offers. Employees are eligible for corporate discounts on cars (Ford, GM, Chrysler, Audi, Porsche), sports events, concerts, child care, prescription drugs, hotels, cellphone service, computers, software and more!
- Tax Shelter Annuities: All house officers are eligible to contribute to tax deferred annuities through the Human Resources Department
- Employee Assistance Program offering confidential assessment and referral services as well as short-term counseling
- Discounted membership rates at FitnessWorks athletic center in Detroit; free fitness facility access at Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital and Henry Ford Macomb Hospital.
- Henry Ford Hospital on-campus apartment rental in Detroit