Other Henry Ford Hospital Benefits
Details on stipends, compensation, benefits and hospital paid expenses are available here.
Here are some of the other perks available to our residents:
- Fitness Works is a modern fitness center available to HFHS house officers at a reduced membership fee. Located in the New Center Area one block from the hospital, Fitness Works provides an ideal setting in which to exercise. The center has a cardiovascular and weights training area, jogging track, pool, aerobics room, basketball court, racquetball/squash courts, a golf center, sauna and steam rooms and a Pro Shop.
- The Henry Ford Hospital (HFH) Apartments tower, located within the hospital campus, provides convenient access to the hospital and its facilities. Free parking is provided in a fenced surface lot surrounding the apartment. The 21-story apartment building has 170 one and two bedroom apartments offered at reasonable rates.
- As HFHS employees, you can avail of Corporate Discounts on cars (Ford, GM, Chrysler, Audi, Porsche), sports events, concerts, hotels, cellphone service, computers, software, child care and more!
- The House Staff Lounge is located in the H1 corridor. The lounge is open seven days a week, 24 hours per day. Television, refrigerator, microwave ovens, coffee, computers and printer are available. Computers provide internet access as well as direct access to Electronic Medical Record applications.
- Henry Ford Health System is committed to providing house staff with on-call rooms that provide the occupant with a restful and secure environment. On-call rooms are located throughout the hospital to provide relatively close proximity to patients. A 24-hour concierge system is in place to guarantee availability, privacy and clean facilities.
- Free covered parking is available to all house staff in the Staff Garage. In the event that the Staff Garage is full, house officers have secure parking in the apartment parking lot across the street from the hospital. Garages are patrolled by HFH police and access is restricted.