Acute Care Rehabilitation Continuing Education & Resources
Continuing Education Courses
- 4th Annual Critical Care Rehabilitation Virtual Conference – Coming May 2023
- ICU Medications – Interpreting Medications to Provide Safe & Effective OT and PT intervention
- Introduction to the Critical Care Environment
- Supplemental Oxygen – Advanced Devices and Mechanical Ventilation
- Supplemental Oxygen for Rehab Part 1
- Lab Values and Vital Signs for the Acutely Ill Rehab Patient
- Foundations of Early Rehab: A Research Review
Check back for additional Continuing Education Opportunities in the near future. All funds collected are utilized for the development of acute care OT & PT education and research.
Clinical Competency Resources
Since 1996, HFH has developed and revised multiple competencies for evidence-based practice in the acute care setting. Competencies include:
- Acute Functional Measure Scale (AFMS)
- Neonatal ICU
- Ventricular Assist Devices (remove “& Vital Signs”)
- Recorded webinar materials (see above)
- Written Manuals*
- Download now: Clinical Competency Practical Check Off - Entry Level
* Written manuals available for personal use free-of-charge. To access a manual, follow the link (above) to the registration page, click "I Want to Attend" and provide your contact information. The manual will be emailed within 2 weeks from receipt of request.
To inquire about licensing full competency packages including educational materials, quizzes, and evaluation forms, please contact us at HFRehabCEU@hfhs.org.
By registering and providing your email address, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
1) HFHS holds certain copyrights, trademarks, programs, and proprietary knowledge and information related to rehabilitation services and continuing education materials (“Rehab Services Materials”).
2) HFHS will remain the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Rehab Services Materials, including any copyright relating thereto.
3) Use the Rehab Services Materials solely for the Permitted Use of Continuing Education.
4) Use Restrictions. Attendee shall not, and shall not permit any person or legal entity to:
(A) distribute, provide access to, or disclose the Rehab Services Materials (or any copies or Derivative Works thereof) to any third party, regardless of the means, form, or format of distribution or disclosure;
(B) make any modification to, adaptation to, improvement of, enhancement to, translation of or Derivative Work of the Rehab Services Materials;
(C) remove, alter or obscure any copyright or other proprietary notice appearing on or within the Rehab Services Materials; or
(D) incorporate the Rehab Services Materials (or any copies or Derivative Works thereof) into materials or software that will be commercialized, sold, or licensed to end users.