Cutaneous Oncology Fellowship
Chairman: David Ozog, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Program Director: Molly Powers, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Office: (313) 916-2151
Henry Ford Hospital
3031 West Grand Blvd, Suite 800
Detroit, MI 48202
The Cutaneous Oncology Program offers a one-year paid fellowship in Cutaneous Oncology.
Requirements include a medical degree from a recognized university; a year of internship; and at least one year of experience in medicine and/or dermatology. Applicants who have completed dermatology training and are interested in applying for a Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology Fellowship are preferred.
The Cutaneous Oncology Fellowship involves training in the following areas:
- skin cancer prevention education and counseling
- early diagnosis and management of patients with malignant melanomas
- diagnosis and treatment of non-melanoma skin cancers
- histopathology of pigmented lesions, melanomas, and complex cutaneous tumors
- monitoring of patients with pigmented lesions, with dermoscopy, photography, and FotoFinder
- preparation of didactic lectures in skin oncology for dermatology residents
- manuscript preparation and submission
- participate in surgical excision clinic
- assist in Mohs micrographic surgery and reconstruction
- become competent in bedside ultrasound of lymph node basins for high risk patients
- participate in regularly held journal clubs
- attend weekly Grand Rounds and quarterly Michigan Dermatologic Society meetings
We are now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 academic year. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your curriculum vitae and a cover letter.