Family Medicine Residency
Applicant RequirementsThe Department of Family Medicine offers eight positions yearly for our three-year residency program supported by Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most respected integrated health care delivery systems in the country.
- Henry Ford Hospital is a nationally renowned specialty care, teaching and research institution that is the flagship of Henry Ford Health System.
- Henry Ford has the latest technology and training opportunities from a highly skilled clinical staff.
- Training at Henry Ford affords the opportunity of working for a smaller regional hospital, medical center or large health care system.
- Residents are taught the application of broad clinical skills in ambulatory, hospital, nursing facility, home and community training settings.
- Residents gain experience in the application of those skills as practice partners in busy family practice centers, where patients and families identify them as their primary care providers.
- Residents experience working in a smaller setting.
- Develop longitudinal patient relationships while receiving financial, educational, and organizational support.
- Residents are exposed to a wide spectrum and large quantity of patients.
- Our hospital and medical centers serve the metropolitan population of Detroit and suburbs.
- The multiple populations and breadth of training create an exceptional environment for learning.
- Our staff is dedicated to providing a strong academic experience.
- Henry Ford doctors are extremely focused on education, committed to developing our residents into exceptional Family Medicine physicians.
- The residency program participates in research and is committed to community involvement.
- Residents from various programs work together side by side and often form lasting relationships.
- Our program accepts applicants with J-1 visa status