The Department of Radiology utilizes state-of-the-art digital radiological equipment including:
- Computed Radiography and Direct Digital radiography systems from multiple vendors (e.g. CareStream, Agfa, Konica, Canon, Hologic, Philips, Shimadzu)
- Digital fluoroscopy
- Flat panel interventional systems from multiple vendors (e.g. Siemens, GE, Philips, Shimadzu)
- 64+ slice Computed Tomography systems from Siemens, GE, Philips and Toshiba
- A variety of ultrasound systems
- Multiple Nuclear Medicine systems including SPECT, SPECT/CT and PET/CT
- Several MRI systems from GE and Philips Medical Systems (including 1.5 Tesla, 3.0 Tesla and open 1.0 Tesla MRI systems).
Henry Ford Health System also has several state-of-the-art cardiovascular and other interventional systems in the Departments of Cardiology, Pulmonary Medicine and Vascular Surgery that the Diagnostic Imaging Physics Residents will be involved with during the program. Due to the integrated nature of all Medical Specialties within the Henry Ford Medical Group the interaction between these different departments is seamless, providing the best experience for the resident to work with all radiographic equipment and applications regardless of the department they are located.
Henry Ford Health System has a comprehensive Electronic Medical Record in which the Department of Radiology's Philips iSite PACS has been integrated. The Department performs over 750,000 diagnostic examinations each year, including over 15,000 nuclear medicine, 65,000 ultrasound, 100,000 computed tomography, 50,000 mammography, and 25,000 MRI studies.