Research in Neuro-Critical Care
Fellows are expected to either participate in the current research projects or develop a project of their own mentored by one or more of the faculty. It is expected that by the end of the fellowship each fellow will have two to four abstracts presented in scientific meetings and one to two full papers published in scientific journals.
Examples of some of the research projects conducted include:
- Title: Clevidipine in the Treatment of Patients With Acute Hypertension and Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ACCELERATE)
- Title: Safety and efficacy of Clevidipine to control hypertension in patients admitted with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage (CLASH trial)
- Title: Clot Lysis: Evaluating Accelerated Resolution of Intraventricular Hemorrhage Phase III (CLEAR III)
- Title: Progesterone For Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (PROTECT trial)
- Title: Intravascular Hypothermia in Status Epilepticus (The ICE trial).
- Title: Efficacy of Clevidipine to ameliorate vasospasm in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Title: Chloride levels in NeuroCritically ill patients and its effect on renal function.
For more details contact the NeuroCritical Care Research Coordinator Kathleen Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org.