Residents will conform to the requirements delineated for them by ACGME, the Director of Medical Education, the Program Director, and the Hospital's Medical Education Committee. Residents will participate in this process utilizing the following methods:
- Discussions with the faculty, Program Director, DME, and the Department and Hospital Medical Education Committee of progress in meeting the objectives of the training program (scheduled formally at regular intervals)
- Each Resident will complete a written "Service Evaluation" at the end of each month's rotation and submit it to the Medical Education Department
- Completion of Case Logs in accordance with ACGME standards and format
- Participation in the ABSITE In-Service examination on a yearly basis.
- Satisfactory completion of the COMLEX Level 3 or USMLE Step 3 examination prior to progressing into the PGY3 year of training
- Fulfillment of the ACGME Scholarly Activity requirement
- Satisfactory completion of the Annual Resident Report
- Fulfillment of the SCS (OPTI) monthly attendance at the educational programs
- Attendance at Department of Surgery didactic programs
- Attendance at Department of Surgery monthly meetings
- Participation in teaching and education of students and other trainees on the surgical services.
- Residents must obtain a Michigan Educational Limited Osteopathic License.
- Participation in hospital staff committees as assigned.
- Certification BLS, ACLS, ATLS and PALS.
- Completion of FES and FLS certifications prior to graduation