Test Ellie MedEd
Henry Ford Hospice is committed to raising awareness, broadening public understanding of the hospice philosophy and improving end-of-life care. The Hospice Speakers Bureau serves social, civic, professional, educational and religious groups throughout southeast Michigan.
Speakers are available to address the following topics:
- Advanced Care Planning – Information and tools to assist patients and families with end-of-life planning, decision making and documentation.
- Advanced Medical Directives – Discuss advanced directives and end-of-life care and health care decisions. Learn about Durable Power of Attorney; Living Wills; DNR (Do-Not-Resuscitate) orders; Patient Advocate.
- Henry Ford Hospice Bereavement Services – Information about the stages of grief and coping with loss.
- Hospice Basics 101 – Information about hospice and palliative care and the importance of asking physicians early if hospice is a treatment option and care provided to the patient and family.
- Hospice Volunteer Opportunities – Very often those who have received hospice care want to share the care and benefits of hospice with others. Learn about becoming a hospice volunteer.
- How to talk to children about death – Dealing with a loss is especially difficult when children are impacted by a death. Learn about ways to talk with children about the loss of a loved one and community resources available.
- How can I help – Information for organizations on ways they can help support care and services provided to patients and families that are in need assistance.
Continuing Education Unit (CEU) presentations for nurses:
Dedicated to improving patient and family care, Henry Ford Hospice offers a wide variety of presentation for Registered Nurses that include CEU Credits. Partnering with the End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) presentations provide participants with the education to improve the quality of care to both patients and their family at the end-of-life. Contact us for a list of specific presentations available.
For additional information, or to request a speaker, please contact the Speakers Bureau at least four weeks in advance of your event, Jeri Howard at JHoward2@hfhs.org or via phone, 800-492-9909