Pathfinder 2 Study
Join the Pathfinder 2 Study with Henry Ford Health to find cancer early!
Help improve early cancer detection
Too often, cancer goes undetected until it is at an advanced stage and harder to treat. The fear and worry about the possibility of having cancer can feel debilitating. Therefore, taking steps to find cancer early can help you feel more in control of your health. Earlier detection of cancer will also improve the chance of survival and quality of life.
A blood test designed to detect multiple types of cancer
This test is being studied and is not approved or cleared by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It is not meant to replace the cancer screening tests your healthcare provider may recommend, such as colonoscopy or mammography.
Who can enroll in the Study?
The PATHFINDER 2 Study is currently open to those who:
- Are 50 years or older who receive care at Henry Ford Health
- Have never been diagnosed with cancer
- Or have been cancer-free at least three years
- And are not participants in previous or ongoing GRAIL sponsored studies
- Participants must be at least 50 years of age, inclusive, at the time of signing the Informed Consent Form (ICF).
- Participants must be capable of giving signed and legally effective informed consent
- Undergoing or referred for diagnostic evaluation due to clinical suspicion for cancer (e.g., referred to a medical or surgical oncologist, or scheduled for biopsy on the basis of a suspicious imaging abnormality).
- Personal history of invasive solid tumor or hematologic malignancy, diagnosed within the 3 years prior to expected enrollment date, or diagnosed greater than 3 years prior to expected enrollment date and never treated.
- Individuals with a diagnosis of non-metastatic basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma of the skin are not excluded.
- Prior/Concurrent Concomitant Therapy (Medications/Treatments):
- Definitive treatment for invasive solid tumor or hematologic malignancy within the 3 years prior to expected enrollment date. Adjuvant hormone therapy for cancer (e.g. for breast or prostate cancer) is not an exclusion criterion.
- Individuals who will not be able to comply with the protocol procedures.
- Individuals who are not currently registered patients at a participating center.
- Previous or current participation in another GRAIL-sponsored study. "Participation" is defined as having signed consent and provided a blood sample.
- Previous or current employees or contractors of GRAIL.
- Current pregnancy (by self-report of pregnancy status)
Henry Ford Health is a national study site
Henry Ford Health will participate in this nationwide study selected by GRAIL, Inc., with the aim to improve early cancer detection.
Overseeing the study locally from our medical team:
Henry Ford Health sites that are open for participant enrollment include:
2800 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202
Henry Ford Hematology Oncology
43630 Hayes Rd, Suite 200, Clinton Township, MI 48038
7800 Outer Drive W, Detroit, MI 48235
5500 Auto Club Dr, Dearborn, MI 48126
3370 E Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI 48207
3500 15 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48310
Are you eligible to enroll?
To see if you are eligible to enroll, please contact:
PATHFINDER 2 Study Team
Phone: (888) 831-4888
What can a participant expect?
To participate in the PATHFINDER 2 Study, you will be asked to:
- Contact the study team to determine whether you are eligible to enroll.
- If eligible, read and sign an informed consent form that fully explains the study.
- Provide your medical history and allow Henry Ford Health team to access your medical records.
- Give a blood sample (40 mL) drawn by a trained staff at Henry Ford Health
- Complete a questionnaire around the time of receiving the Galleri test.
- Expect to receive your Galleri test result from the study team within 30 days after your blood is drawn.
- Complete 2-3 additional questionnaires during the follow-up period.
If you choose to participate in the PATHFINDER 2 Study, it is important that you continue to follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations for any cancer screening tests, such as colonoscopy or mammography. Missing recommended screening or ignoring symptoms could lead to a delayed diagnosis of cancer.
How to enroll
Fill out the survey and a study coordinator will reach out to you:
To enroll contact a study coordinator at Henry Ford Health:Phone: (888) 831-4888
More about the study from study sponsor GRAIL.
- Visit: https://joinpathfinder2study.com
- Early detection
- Galleri test Galleri® | Multi-Cancer Early Detection Test
- For healthcare professionals