The goal of this Fellowship is to educate and train individuals with a passion for healthcare innovation on the critical issues and processes related to development and commercialization of digital technologies.
The Program will utilize two approaches:
- A formal classroom curriculum that consists of lectures and readings will address important themes and skills valued in modern entrepreneurship.
- A team-based advanced innovation project will apply the classroom learning to a specific technology or healthcare problem.
- Importance of biomedical innovation in today’s healthcare environment
- Fundamentals of IP (patents, copyrights, and trademarks)
- Defining market needs and aligned opportunities
- Qualitative opportunity assessment
- Quantitative opportunity assessment
- Financing continuum: grants through public capital markets
- Impediments/regulations: FDA, HIPPA, reimbursement
- Entrepreneur tools: NDAs, non-competes, outs-sourcing, presentation fundamentals
- Presenting an innovation opportunity