Licensing for International Programs
The global healthcare industry is experiencing a turbulent transformation. As nations struggle with rapidly escalating costs, developing countries also face increased demand for healthcare from an expanding pool of patient-consumers.
Henry Ford Health, known for providing quality, cost effective, sustainable health care delivery in a most challenging economic environment, is pursuing opportunities to bring transformative, sustainable health care improvement to populations around the globe. The System’s goal is to bring its medical expertise and innovative tools, technologies and practices to international partners, and to adapt promising foreign innovations to the U.S. market.
The Health System plans to engage internationally in areas that leverage its considerable expertise and clinical assets, including:
- Licensing to New & Existing Hospitals: Licensing know how and technology to start ups and existing hospitals; clinical program planning and development; consulting services for clinical workflows to drive physical planning, design, construction, commissioning, equipment and IT infrastructure; clinical and staff recruitment and development; start-up operations
- Healthcare Delivery Improvement: New or enhanced clinical programs to meet emerging patient demands; new models of healthcare delivery to increase efficiency; quality and patient safety
- Medical Partnerships: Telemedicine; “colleague to colleague” access; remote specialty expertise and second opinions; “virtual” specialty clinics; physician collaboration programs
- Innovation Program Development: Technology commercialization; corporate affiliations; validation of new technologies and adaptation for western markets
- Education and Training: Physician, nursing, and staff education; executive development; patient education