Henry Ford Allegiance Specialty Hospital evaluates and treats patients who have been diagnosed with cardiopulmonary conditions, which are issues affecting the heart and lungs. These include chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), congestive heart failure, pneumonia, emphysema, asthma, Guillain-Barre syndrome, cardiovascular disease and neuromuscular disease. We also care for patients who are recovering from heart attacks or heart surgery.
The goal of our Cardiopulmonary Care Program is to improve the quality of life for our patients through the following:
- Ventilator management and weaning
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary reconditioning
- Non-invasive ventilation management (BiPAP and CPAP)
Comprehensive Cardiopulmonary Services
We take a team approach to care to achieve the best possible outcomes for our patients with complex issues affecting the heart and lungs. This is accomplished through the following services.
- Medical evaluation and treatment
- Cardiovascular and respiratory intervention
- Medication management
- Disease management
- Specialized diets and nutritional evaluations
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Case management
- Psychological evaluation and social services support
- Patient and family education