Wound Care Program
Henry Ford Allegiance Specialty Hospital provides specialized care for patients who have substantial wounds caused by injury, infections and conditions that include ulcers, degenerative nerve diseases, cellulitis and osteomyelitis. We also treat complications from cardiovascular procedures, amputations, abdominal surgery and skin grafts.
We strive to improve the quality of life for our patients, always keeping their comfort, safety and recovery in mind. In addition to treating the primary wound, we often address a secondary set of health issues, such as general weakness, infection or nutritional and metabolic problems.
Comprehensive Wound Care Services
- Wound evaluation and therapy
- Pain management
- Infection control
- Dietary evaluation and nutritional planning
- Intravenous (IV) therapy
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Care coordination
- Psychological evaluation and social services support
- Patient and family education