Innovation Lives Here
Henry Ford Hospital and Henry Ford Medical Group have a long history of innovation over the past century including the first open heart surgery, the first kidney and pancreas transplants, delivery of new medicines from heparin to human insulin, as well as new therapies such as spinal radiosurgery to reduce cancer pain while preserving ambulation. Innovation highlights include:
- iMRI Technology: The iMRI technology allows surgeons to view precise and accurate images of the brain to help in complicated neurosurgery procedures. The iMRI is used to increase the accuracy of brain tumor surgery, epilepsy surgery and movement disorder surgery (Parkinson's disease, dystonia and neuropsychiatric disorders).
- da Vinci Si Robotic System: The most advanced surgical robot available, the da Vinci Si surgical system includes a 4-arm robot with enhanced 3D high-definition vision. The da Vinci Si robot can be used for a wide variety of surgical procedures including urology, general surgery, gynecology, and head and neck surgery.
- The Edge – most advanced Stereotactic Radiation Therapy, now in use at HFH. It is the first in the U.S. and second in the world.
- One of 10 centers nationwide to provide laser ablation for brain surgery
- First in the U.S. to perform Caval Aortic Value Implantation
- First in the world to perform a Mitral Trans-Catheter Valve Replacement
- First and only team in the U.S. performing Melanocyte Transplant for Vitiligo
- First simplified robotic kidney transplant in the U.S.
Henry Ford Hospital is also home to Henry Ford Innovations.