- The patient has the right to identify an adult support person who may remain with the patient throughout their hospitalization.
- This person may remain with the patient unless their presence infringes on the rights, safety or medical care of patients.
- During visiting hours, if visitation interferes with medical care, visitors will be asked to leave the patient’s bedside.
- Exceptions to visiting hours and overnight visitation can be made based on the patient’s condition.
- Children over the age of 12 are permitted to visit but must be accompanied and supervised at all times by an adult who is not the patient.
- Flowers and live plants are not allowed in the ICUs, Hematology/Oncology Unit and Transplant Unit, or for patients that are in neutropenic precautions.
- Specialty units such as ICUs and Maternal Child units have unit-specific guidelines. Please discuss the guidelines with unit staff.