General Visitation Guidelines
Visitation hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Children over the age of 12 may visit, but must be accompanied and supervised at all times by a responsible adult.
- Visitation by children under the age of 12 must be pre-arranged with the unit staff.
- Two visitors are permitted in a patient room at one-time.
- One overnight visitor may be permitted in a private patient room and one in a semi-private room if the visitor is the same gender as the patient(s). Overnight visitors are not permitted in ICU patient rooms.
- The visitor must go to the West Pavilion lobby Security desk at 8 p.m. obtain a security ID for overnight visitation. Overhead announcements will be made at 7:30 p.m. alerting visitors that visiting hours have come to a close for the day.
- All visitors with evidence of even mild communicable illnesses or infections, or who have recently been exposed to the same, will not be permitted to visit.
- Since patient care is our first priority – there may be times and or situations where the visitor will be asked to leave the room or end their visit.
- All visitors must abide by the Henry Ford Hospital Visitor Commitment.
- No food, drinks nor live plants/flowers may be brought into the ICU, P2 or H6 patient care areas.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in the Intensive Care Units.
After-hours visitation - for all Henry Ford Hospital visitors after 8 p.m.
- The nursing and healthcare team may allow exceptions to the standard visiting hours based on a patient’s condition such as newly admitted, laboring, critically ill, emergency surgery, actively dying, mentally challenged and/or communication barriers.
- After 8 p.m., all visitors, meeting the listed exceptions, must be 18 years of age or older and must check-in with the Henry Ford Hospital Security in the West Pavilion lobby.
- Each visitor will be screened, registered and receive a photo ID
- If a member of the health care team calls in a visitor after-hours, he/she must notify Security at (313) 916-6264 or (313) 916-6265
- If a visitor arrives after-hours, Security will call the patient’s unit for permission for the visitor to visit if one of the exception conditions exists
- All visitors must visibly wear a Security issued picture ID badge with the current date and must be renewed daily.
- Any visitor not visibly wearing the ID badge will be asked to return to Security or leave the facility.
- The West Pavilion lobby is the only area where families and visitors may remain after 8 p.m. All waiting rooms and public areas are closed to non-HFH employees after hours.