Henry Ford Health System specialty clinic aims to help patients overcome cognitive, mental health conditions.
Ferndale, MI 48220
Daily 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Visiting hours vary by patient. Contact us for details
Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital, a 100-bed psychiatric hospital in Ferndale, has been serving the community for more than 40 years. We provide comprehensive inpatient psychiatric treatment for children, teens and adults with severe mental health or behavioral disorders in a warm, professional setting. Our secure campus offers a safe and therapeutic environment to facilitate recovery.
Our team of board-certified psychiatrists and therapeutic staff are experienced in diagnosing and treating all types of mental health disease, including anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, psychosis, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts and psychiatric illness combined with substance use. Treatment plans are designed around each patient and may include individual counseling, DBT, group therapy, family counseling, intensive care management, medication management as well as leisure and recreational therapy. Our holistic approach treats the person, not the condition, creating a personalized care plan that meets each patient’s unique needs.
Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals.
COVID-19 UPDATE: For the safety of our patients and team members during the coronavirus pandemic, we have temporarily suspended all visitation for adult patients age 18 and over at Kingswood Hospital. We allow one parent/guardian for minor (pediatric) patients during our normally posted visitation hours. Please contact us at (248) 398-3200 for more information.
Support for loved ones is critical for treatment and healing. At Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital, we encourage family, friends and loved ones to visit patients staying at our facility. In order to ensure a successful visit, please observe our visitor guidelines. We designed these guidelines with our patients’ safety and health in mind.
- Photo identification required for all visitors age 18 and older.
- Children under age 18 must have a doctor’s order to visit a patient.
- Children under age 16 cannot be left unattended.
- Our staff must pre-authorize any visits outside of the regular visiting hours.
- We do not allow jackets, coats, purses, keys or any items other than food or drink on the units.
- Do not bring any glass items or mirrors, razors, alcohol, medications, matches or lighters, weapons, videos/music tapes/CDs or valuable items, including jewelry and expensive clothing items.
- Gift items for the patient may include: books, magazines, writing materials and postage stamps, flowers in non-breakable containers, personal toiletries in non-breakable containers and food or non-alcoholic drink (except for patients on special or restricted diets).
- Food brought into Kingswood Hospital must be eaten during the patient visit. We do not allow leftover food on the units or in the patient’s room.
- You may leave any packages for patients at the front desk. Our staff will make sure it is delivered to the patient.
Learn more about visitor information and patient privacy at Kingswood Hospital:
ADULT PSYCHIATRIC CARE. We offer specialized inpatient programs designed to meet the mental health needs of both men and women. Our board-certified psychiatrists and therapeutic staff are experienced in diagnosing and treating all types of mental health disease, including anxiety disorders, mood disorders, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, psychosis, suicidal thoughts or suicide attempts, and psychiatric illness combined with substance use.
CHILD PSYCHIATRIC CARE. Our facility is designed with your child’s safety and health in mind. Our pediatric behavioral health specialists provide a family-centered treatment program for children faced with a psychiatric condition in our designated children’s units, including one especially reserved for older children. Family members are encouraged to fully participate in care and be a part of the treatment team.
ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRIC CARE. Our providers understand and are well equipped to respond to the unique needs of our teenage patients. Adolescent patients experience the road to wellness with others their own age and receive the support of our team and their families every step of the way.
Inpatient Psychiatric Care
Distinction based on quality of care, patient experience and cost efficiency.
Henry Ford Health System Partners with Acadia Healthcare to Build Progressive, Modernized Behavioral Health Facility
Inpatient treatment facility to serve Detroit area communities, slated to open in late 2022.
Heading back to the office soon? Make a smooth adjustment by incorporating these expert-approved tips into your new routine.
During times of political unrest, loneliness and illness, it's important to cultivate empathy by putting yourself in other people's shoes.
Our lives have changed a lot since COVID-19. Get ideas for how you can take some of the good habits you've picked up and translate them to your life post-pandemic life.
Practicing mindfulness has many health benefits. During a pandemic, mindfulness techniques can be especially helpful for keeping you safe and coping emotionally.