Support for loved ones is critical for treatment and healing. At Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital, we encourage family, friends and loved ones to visit patients staying at our facility.
In order to ensure a successful visit, please observe our visitor guidelines. We designed these guidelines with our patients’ safety and health in mind. You can download our visitor guidelines as a convenient reference.
Learn more about visitor information and patient privacy at Kingswood Hospital:
- Visiting Hours
- Family Orientation Sessions
- Visitor Guidelines
- Telephoning a Patient
- Patient Privacy and the Release of Patient Information
Visiting hours at Kingswood Hospital
We encourage parents or guardians to visit their family members. The patient’s doctor must pre-authorize any other visitors, and the social worker will arrange the visit. Because of space constraints and in the interest of safety for our patients, we do not allow more than two visitors per patient on the unit at one time.
Visiting hours for adult patients
- Wednesday: 7-8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 6:30-8 p.m.
- Holidays: 6:30-8 p.m.
Visiting hours for children and adolescent patients
- Tuesday and Thursday: 7-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 2-4 p.m.
- Holidays: 2-4 p.m.
Visitation will take place in the cafeteria. Please note that no outside food or beverage is allowed. Kingswood Hospital will provide beverages and light snack during visitation.
Please adhere carefully to our visitor guidelines. These guidelines are in place for the safety and health of our patients:
- Photo identification required for all visitors over age 18 years.
- Children under age 18 years must have a doctor’s order to visit a patient.
- Children under age 16 years of age must not be left unattended in the lobby of Kingswood Hospital.
- Our staff must pre-authorize any visits outside of the regular visiting hours.
- We do not allow jackets, coats, purses, keys or any items other than food or drink on the units.
- Do not bring any glass items or mirrors, razors, alcohol, medications, matches or lighters, weapons, videos/music tapes/CDs or valuable items, including jewelry and expensive clothing items.
- Gift items for the patient may include: books, magazines, writing materials and postage stamps, flowers in non-breakable containers, personal toiletries in non-breakable containers and food or non-alcoholic drink (except for patients on special or restricted diets).
- Food brought into Kingswood Hospital must be eaten during the patient visit. We do not allow leftover food on the units or in the patient’s room.
- Leave any packages for the patient at the Front Desk. Our staff will pick up the package for the patient.
Telephoning a patient
Guidelines for reaching patients via telephone:
- Our main switchboard number is 248-398-3200.
- You may reach patients by telephone from 8 a.m.-10 p.m. daily. However, patients participating in a treatment session during this time will not be available.
- Kingswood Hospital staff will not give out a patient’s telephone number. Only the patient can provide their telephone numbers.
- Anyone calling a patient must verify the patient’s room number or “Mod” before our staff will transfer telephone calls to the nurse’s station.
- There is no charge for telephoning the patient.
Patient privacy and release of patient information
Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital abides by the Michigan Mental Health Code and the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and patient privacy rules.
- We will not release information about a patient at Kingswood Hospital without prior authorization by the patient.
- The patient or patient’s guardian must complete our Release of Information form.
- The patient’s guardian(s) must provide a copy of guardianship papers to Kingswood Hospital.