Outpatient Therapy is one of the many addiction treatment programs we offer at Henry Ford Maplegrove Center, home of addiction treatment at Henry Ford Behavioral Health Services. Maplegrove is the premier program in the region for treating chemical dependency and other addictions.
Addiction treatment: outpatient therapy in Michigan
We view addiction as an illness, not a moral issue or a matter of self-control. Our highly experienced addiction team works with patients to create a personalized treatment plan that suits their needs. Our vast, in-depth experience in addiction treatment and our wide range of therapy programs means that we can confidently plan a treatment program that offers our patients the best results. Meet the Maplegrove team.
Outpatient therapy: who is a candidate?
Outpatient Therapy is the least intensive treatment approach for patients and families. It is appropriate for individuals who can stop substance abuse and commit to participating in weekly counseling services.
Outpatient Therapy works with our three phases of treatment:
- Interruption. Stopping the cycle of addiction and establishing abstinence
- Rehabilitation. Facilitating education and therapy so the patient recognizes and accepts the addiction, as well as beginning daily routines of recovery.
- Recovery. Implementing ongoing support, including counseling and 12-step meetings, to promote stability and long-term wellbeing.
Outpatient therapy: what to expect
We create each patient’s treatment specifically for that individual, with the goal of stopping the addiction cycle and helping the patient reintegrate into work, family and community life.
Features of our program include:
- Personalized treatment program. Our expert team works with patients, their families and loved ones to establish an appropriate, sustainable rehabilitation and recovery plan.
- Counseling. Adults or adolescents who have completed the interruption phase and are in early stages of recovery attend weekly group counseling and/or individual counseling. These sessions provide an opportunity to keep people focused on making the necessary lifestyle changes to maintain recovery.
- Marital and/or family counseling. We incorporate this into early recovery care.
- 12-step recovery program. Regular attendance is often a critical component of our outpatient program.
Learn more about addiction treatment programs at Maplegrove:
We also offer addiction treatment services at our outpatient clinics. Find outpatient locations near you.