Parking Structure Construction
The parking structure project will transform the landscape of Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital’s campus. The project anticipates the hospital’s future growth and increasing need for patient and team member parking on campus. When complete in late Summer 2022, the project will complement our vision to offer additional services to our community as part of our master facility plan.
- Please give yourself extra time when coming to the hospital for appointments to ensure safe parking and on-time arrival.
- As the project progresses, entrance and exit flows on campus will change. Directional signage will be posted to guide you and our security team will assist with traffic flow.
- Our number one priority is your safety and the safety of our team members.
- 614 parking spots
- First-floor level will accommodate van parking
- 24 handicap parking spaces, including 4 handicap van spaces
- 12 charging stations for electric vehicles
- Two entrances serving cars arriving from the east Main Entrance drive and from the west Emergency Entrance parking areas
- Two elevator towers allow convenient access to the east Main Entrance and to the west Emergency Department
- Precast concrete structure with imbedded brick masonry to match existing hospital
- New covered walkway connects the new parking structure to the existing Main Entrance of the hospital
- LED light fixtures for low energy use (features night-time dimming and presence detectors for energy conservation)
- The top tier parking level features lighting fixtures that are completely hidden from view by neighbors
- A small detention pond is added to mitigate any impact to the existing wetlands or pond areas.
- Extensive landscaping will be installed to further enhance the hospital grounds.
Site work begins Summer 2021; construction begins late Summer 2021; completion expected late Summer 2022
Design and construction:
- Architectural/engineering design by Albert Kahn Associates, Inc.
- Construction management services by DeMaria