FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DETROIT – Henry Ford Health System has launched a free app that makes it easier for patients to order and manage their medications.
The Henry Ford Rx app is available to patients who use Henry Ford’s 28 retail pharmacies throughout metro Detroit. It allows patients to:
- Order prescription refills.
- Receive text message notifications when their medication is available for pickup.
- Enroll in refill and medication dosage reminders.
- Access an overview of their medication records.
- Locate a nearby Henry Ford pharmacy.
- Transfer prescription(s) between Henry Ford pharmacy locations.
- View monthly over-the-counter specials.
Henry Ford Rx is available for free download on iTunes and Google Play. Non-tech savvy patients also can manage their medications using a Mobile Web application at https://m.henryfordrxmobile.com/hfgetapp/
The user-friendly app was created by San Francisco-based mscripts, a leader in mobile pharmacy solutions.
“By using this resource, our patients will gain a greater sense of control over their health and medication needs,” says Daniel Kus, RPh., vice president of Henry Ford’s Ambulatory Pharmacy Services. “This new service demonstrates our continued commitment to coordinated patient care.”
“As its own healthcare ecosystem, Henry Ford is uniquely able to influence healthier outcomes for its patients through the use of technology,” says Mark Cullen, CEO of mscripts.