DETROIT – Don’t be fooled by the seemingly less than vigorous physical activity of golf. Playing a round of golf requires proper swing mechanics, flexibility and conditioning. Without them, leaves you vulnerable to injury.
More than 130,000 people were treated for golf-related injuries in 2015, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. These included injuries to the ankle, elbow, spine, knee, hip and wrist.
A GolFit class offered by Henry Ford’s Division of Sports Medicine helps prep your game with strength and flexibility exercises and swing tips for the coming season while reducing your risk for injury. Classes run 7 – 9 p.m. at select Henry Ford sites through April. Cost is $40.
Dates and locations follow:
- March 12, Henry Ford Medical Center-Ford Road, 5500 Auto Club Drive, Dearborn.
- March 19, William Clay Ford Center for Athletic Medicine, 6525 Second Avenue, Detroit.
- April 9, Henry Ford Medical Center-Ford Road, 5500 Auto Club Drive, Dearborn.
- April 16, Henry Ford Wyandotte Physical Rehab, 3323 Biddle, Wyandotte.
- April 30, Henry Ford Medical Center-Columbus, 39450 12 Mile Road, Novi.
Register online or call 313.972.4167.
MEDIA CONTACT: David Olejarz