Michael S Eichenhorn, MD
Specialties: Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease
- University of Michigan, MI, 1975
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, Internal Medicine, MI, 1978
- Henry Ford Hospital, Pulmonary Medicine, MI, 1980
Division Head Emeritus, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Director of Medical Informatics
Dr. Eichenhorn attended medical school at the University of Michigan. He completed his post-graduate studies in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, serving as a Chief Medical Resident in Internal Medicine in 1977. Dr. Eichenhorn has been with Henry Ford Hospital since 1975, having trained in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Diseases here and have practiced here his entire career. He specializes in Critical Care and Lung Cancer and his interests include COPD and asthma, quality improvement and patient safety, and the electronic medical record.
Dr. Eichenhorn has published multiple articles and has received numerous grants including from the Department of Health and Human Services and the National Institutes of Health as the principal investigator in trials regarding pulmonary disease. He is presently a member of the American Medical Association, American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society, American College of Physicians, Society of Critical Care Medicine, Michigan Thoracic Society, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Michigan State Medical Society and Wayne County Medical Society.
Awards and Honors
- Recipient of Hour Detroit Top Doc recognition each year since inception.
- Pioneer in Thoracic Medicine, Michigan Thoracic Society, 2016
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital