- American Board of Surgery - Vascular Surgery
- University of New Mexico School of Medicine, NM, 2009
Residencies & Internships
- University of Michigan, Vascular Surgery, MI
As a vascular surgeon, I am an expert in the blood vessels of all parts of the body, except the heart. When I was eight years old, my grandfather experienced a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm, which is a burst in the main blood vessel of the body. A vascular surgeon was able to save his life, and that inspired my career choice.
I have specialized training in complex aneurysmal, minimal invasive peripheral and cerebral vascular disease, which affects the harder-to-access blood vessels going to the brain. I am also trained in, and have FDA approval to use, new minimally invasive implant devices to treat aneurysms.
I am as straightforward with my patients as I am with my own family members. I want them to understand what is going on, and I let them know what I think. My passion is bringing my patients new technologies, especially minimally invasive devices and procedures, that will help them live longer, healthier and more fulfilling lives.
- New technologies for treating vascular disease and aneurysms
Awards and Honors
- Greenfield Research Award
- Training grant from the National Institutes of Health