- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Toronto, 2008
Residencies & Internships
- University of Ottawa, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2015
- University of Toronto, Spinal Surgery, 2016
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
- Orthopedic Surgeon Champion, Spine Surgery Quality Improvement, Henry Ford Hospital and Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Member, Spinal Cancer Tumor Board
I offer virtual/video clinical assessments. This means that we can meet, and I can develop a treatment plan, without you ever having to leave the comfort of your home.
I am a board-certified complex spine surgeon specializing in: revision (re-do) surgery, deformity/scoliosis correction, and cancer/tumor/oncology treatment. When possible, I recommend minimally-invasive surgery (also known as tube or keyhole surgery). I enjoy helping patients with failed back syndrome and post-laminectomy syndrome.
I have training in complex Neurosurgical and Orthopedic spine surgery through an AO Spine accredited fellowship. I have a PhD in Epidemiology and I am an Associate Member of the international AO Spine Knowledge Forum Tumor (formerly Spine Oncology Study Group). I teach trainees both at the Henry Ford Health System and with AO Spine North America.
I will counsel you on the most up-to-date and evidence-based treatment recommendations. Together, we will create an individualized treatment plan that works for you.
If I think surgery can help you, I will help you make an informed decision about whether surgery is the right decision. If you decide to go forward with surgery, I strive to provide the highest quality and most compassionate surgical and postsurgical care. Throughout this process,
I will coordinate care with your other physicians, whether inside or outside of Henry Ford Health System.
Although patients are unique, most surgical techniques and implants are "one size fits all." I developed computer programs to customize surgery to your unique anatomy, and give you the best outcome.
I am leading an international AO Spine project to develop a spinal cancer quality-of-life questionnaire that helps patients make the "best" treatment decision for their individual life situation. I am also working to develop similar questionnaires for: low-back arthritis, neck arthritis and spinal deformity.
Awards and Honors:
- Top Doc, Hour Detroit Magazine (2018 & 2019)
- Elite Reviewer, The Spine Journal (2020)
- Merv Letts Award for Scholarship, Division of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Ottawa (2015)
- HK Uthoff Graduate Scholarship, University of Ottawa, (2015)
- Graeme Barber Prize, Department of Surgery, University of Ottawa, (2015)
- Robert A. Spasoff Prize, School of Epidemiology, Public Health and Preventive Medicine, University of Ottawa (2015)
- Research Prize, Division of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Ottawa (2015)
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital