- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, MD, 2003
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 1999
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, OB/GYN, MI, 2007
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, OB/GYN, 1999
I specialize in Minimally Invasive Surgery, Fibroids and Obstetrics.
Associate Program Director, OBGYN Residency Program Henry Ford Hospital
My guiding philosophy is to treat every patient as I would my own family. I aim to empower women by providing them with knowledge about their condition and all the treatment options available, including non-surgical alternatives. Using patient-centric, shared decision-making, I customize treatments based on an individual's needs. I specialize in minimally invasive gynecology and robotic surgery, especially focusing on treating abnormal uterine bleeding and fibroids. This treatment truly helps women to get well more quickly than traditional surgery.
My research work focuses on patient-centered treatment and outcomes. I have a deep interest in research, cultivated during my Master’s in Public Health, obtained with distinction at John’s Hopkins University. I have been awarded multiple national grants, present at many national meetings, and publish extensively. My research interests include:
- Hysterectomy (The Detroit Hysterectomy Study, COMPARE-UF)
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Residency education.
Awards and Honors:
- Top Docs, Hour Detroit 2016- 2019
- Mentor of the Year, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) 2017
- Excellence in Teaching, Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology (APGO) 2015
- Academic Scholars and Leaders Program, APGO 2015
- National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education, Council on Resident
- Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology, ACOG, 2013 & 2014
- Henry Ford Medical Group Physician Leadership Institute 2011