Board Certification and Education
- Dr S.N. Medical College, 2000
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pediatric Transplant Surgery, PA, 2013
- McGaw Medical Center Northwestern University, Surgery Transplant, IL, 2012
- University of Virginia, Surgery Transplant, VA, 2010
- University of Rochester, Surgery Research, NY, 2009
- Diplomate of National Board in General Surgery, India, (2007)
- Senior Residency, Surgical Oncology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, India, (2007)
- Master of Surgery (M.S.), General Surgery, Sawai Man Singh Medical College, (2003)
I am a transplant surgeon with almost a decade of attending experience in various transplant programs in US. I completed a General Surgery Residency from Sawai Man Singh Medical College and attached Hospitals in Jaipur, India with Board Certification from National Board of Medical Examiners in New Delhi, India leading to dual degrees – Master of Surgery (M.S.) in General Surgery, and Diplomate of National Board (D.N.B.) in General Surgery. I also completed a Surgical Oncology Senior Residency (aka fellowship) from All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, India (2007). I then completed an American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) approved Abdominal Transplant Surgery Fellowship from Northwestern University in Chicago, IL (2012) with certification in Liver, Kidney, and Pancreas transplantation and another 1-year Pediatric Abdominal Transplant Surgery Fellowship from Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, PA (2013). I have maintained UNOS credentials and currency to be the Primary Liver, Kidney, and Pancreas transplant surgeon in US.
My leadership experience includes running the Wayne Health / DMC - Harper University Hospital Transplant Program in Detroit, MI as Primary Kidney Transplant Surgeon and Program Director (2020 - 2022), where I continue to remain on Staff. I was also the Director of Kidney and Pancreas transplant programs and Primary Kidney and Primary Pancreas Transplant surgeon at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, PA (2016 - 2018). I have served on Medical Advisory Boards of Gift of Life Donor Program in Philadelphia, PA and Gift of Life in Ann Arbor, MI. I have also held committee assignments on Membership Committee of International Pediatric Transplant Association (2013 - 2017), served as Region 9 representative for UNOS Minority Affairs Committee (2016), served on ASTS Diversity Issues Committee (2014 - 2017) and continue to serve on ASTS Business Practice Services Committee since 2019.
- Senior Staff Surgeon, Henry Ford Hospital
- Director Transplant Research Operations, Henry Ford Transplant Institute
"My care philosophy centers around complete involvement of patients in their care. I like to provide an honest and unbiased risk/ benefit assessment and once the patient agrees for care, I strive to provide the best possible care based on best practices in my field with an aim to achieve the best possible outcomes. I treat my patients just as I would like to be treated if I was a patient myself."
- Immune surveillance for BK Virus Nephropathy in Kidney Transplant Recipients.
- Novel diagnostics and therapeutics for Antibody Mediated Rejection in Kidney Transplant.
- Novel therapeutics for Delayed Graft Function in Kidney Transplant.
Awards & Honors
- Dean’s List Extraordinary Patient Satisfaction Award (In recognition of scoring in the 99th to 100th percentile among providers nationwide in FY 2017), Children’s Hospital of Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, 2017.
- Dean’s List Extraordinary Patient Satisfaction Award (3rd Q 2017), Penn State Health Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, 2017.
Videos and Articles
- Henry Ford Hospital