- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
- Wayne State University, Immunology, MI, 1981
- Seoul National University, 1975
Residencies & Internships
- Wayne State University, Medicine, MI, 1980
- McKeesport Hospital, Rotating Internship, PA, 1978
- Wayne State University, Oncology, MI, 1983
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Dr. Joseph Won attended medical school at Seoul National University in South Korea where he graduated summa cum laude. For his post-graduate training he went to McKeesport Hospital and completed a rotating internship. He then completed a fellowship in medical oncology at Wayne State University and earned a Masters in Divinity from Northwestern University in Illinois.
Dr. Won was in private practice for 23 years and later became a senior staff physician at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute. He specializes in hematology, lung cancer, and general cancer care.
I approach my patients in a holistic way that looks beyond just body and mind.
Awards and Honors
- American Medical Association (Member)
- Michigan State Medical Society (Member)
- Wayne State Medical Society (Member)
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital