- American Board of Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- Wayne State University, Immunology, MI, 1981
- Seoul National University, 1975
Residencies & Internships
- Wayne State University, Medicine, MI, 1980
- McKeesport Hospital, Rotating Internship, PA, 1978
- Wayne State University, Oncology, MI, 1983
Dr. Joseph Won attended medical school at Seoul National University in South Korea where he graduated summa cum laude. For his post-graduate training he went to McKeesport Hospital and completed a rotating internship. He then completed a fellowship in medical oncology at Wayne State University and earned a Masters in Divinity from Northwestern University in Illinois.
Dr. Won was in private practice for 23 years and later became a senior staff physician at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute. He specializes in hematology, lung cancer, and general cancer care.
I approach my patients in a holistic way that looks beyond just body and mind.
Awards and Honors
- American Medical Association (Member)
- Michigan State Medical Society (Member)
- Wayne State Medical Society (Member)