- American Board of Internal Medicine - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- University of Zimbabwe, 2000
Residencies & Internships
- Boston University School of Medicine, Internal Medicine, MA
- Cleveland Clinic, Cardiovascular Disease, OH
- Cleveland Clinic, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, OH
I am a physician, board certified in cardiology and electrophysiology. I received my medical degree from the University of Zimbabwe, and then completed my residency at the Boston University School of Medicine. I also completed a fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
I have additional training in complex arrhythmia ablation. This means that I treat heart rhythm disturbances (such as a heartbeat that is irregular, too fast or too slow) by using extreme heat or extreme cold to damage a tiny part of the heart that is causing the disturbance. I also restore and maintain normal heart rhythms by implanting devices such as pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs).
Another area of interest for me is lead extraction, or the removal of the wires that deliver energy to the heart muscles from a pacemaker or ICD, while minimizing risk to my patients.