Baked Salmon with Pesto
- 4 6oz. salmon fillets (skin off pin bones removed)
- 2 Cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 T. fresh chopped garlic
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, pulse several times, the basil, pine nuts and cheese.
- Leave processor on and slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream.
- You will need to stop and scrape the side a few times.
- When you have a fairly smooth paste, add a small amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- On a lightly greased baking pan, place the salmon a few inches apart.
- Spread about two Tablespoons of the pesto on the salmon fillets.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree oven for 12 to 16 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Let stand for two minutes, remove from pan with a spatula and serve.
This works well as a reheat or served chilled with a salad.