- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 pounds beef bones
- 6 cups cool water, or as needed
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 2 carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Spread tomato paste onto beef bones and place in the prepared roasting pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bones begin to brown, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer bones to a slow cooker and pour in enough water to cover bones. Add onions, carrots, garlic and bay leaves to broth mixture.
- Cook on Low for at least 24 hours.
- Strain broth through a fine-mesh strainer into a container and refrigerate.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2017 Allrecipes.com