Prep Time: 30 minutes
Level of Difficulty: Easy
- 2 large bunches fresh raw broccoli, about 2 pounds*
- 1/4 cup vinegar (apple cider is preferred)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
*Instead of broccoli, try any combination of the following raw vegetables: radish, carrots, bell pepper, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, green beans
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- ¼ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper
- Soak chopped onions in ¼ cup vinegar while preparing the broccoli.
- Wash broccoli. Cut broccoli florets into small pieces. Trim stem and peel using a knife or vegetable peeler. Slice or chop into pieces the same size as the florets. Let dry in a bowl lined with paper towel.
- After broccoli has been prepared and the onions have soaked, drain off vinegar into a small bowl.
- Toss onions with broccoli and add almonds and raisins.
- Whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
Yield: 8 servings
- 128 Calories
- 7g Fat
- 16g Carbohydrate
- 4g Protein
- 3 g Fiber
- 118mg Sodium