Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
- 1/3 C cocoa powder
- 1/2 C + 2T (5oz) boiling water
- 2 oz unsweetened or dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 T melted butter
- 1/2 C + 2T (5oz) Coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 Lg Eggs + 2 yolks
- 2 T vanilla
- 2 1/2 C cane sugar
- 1 3/4 C gluten free flour blend (xanthan not necessary, but ok)
- 3/4 t Sea Salt
- 6 oz chocolate pieces (chips or chopped)
In a large bowl, add cocoa powder to boiling water, and whisk. Quickly whisk in chopped chocolate until well combined. Next, whisk in butter and oil. Then whisk in eggs and vanilla, followed by sugar. Fold in flour and salt with a spatula, until lumps are gone, then fold in remaining chocolate pieces.
Pour batter into a 9x13 dish, lined with foil that overhangs the sides (for easy removal). Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 min, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 min in dish, then gently remove from dish to cool completely.