Henrys Royal Heirloom Salad
Who says healthy is bland? Spice up your chicken breasts with this recipe from the 2015 Men Who Cook event.
- 25 rectangular (3 ½ by 3 inch) wonton wrappers
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 pounds assorted mixed heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cucumber (peeled and seeded)
- 6 basil leaves
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled.
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- Slice tomatoes into quarters
- Peel and slice cucumber into 1/3 inch rounds, then cut in half
- Finely dice basil leaves
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes and feta cheese. Then add the basil, salt, and pepper.
- Lightly toss in the cucumbers
- Refrigerate the ingredients in a bowl while the wonton cups are being prepared
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Stack the wonton wrappers and, using a 2 ½ inch round cookie cutter, cut into rounds. Cover the rounds with a damp towel while you work with 3 at a time.
- Spread the 3 rounds out onto a work surface; brush one side of each wrapper with oil
- Tuck rounds into nonstick mini-muffin cups; press down to fit into bottom and sides
- Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes
- Cool slightly before removing
Once cups are cool you are ready to serve, pour salad in each cup and serve!
Check out these other great Live Well recipes from Men Who Cook 2015: Soylent Green Crackers & Dip, Chicken Shahi Korma, Hearty Fruit and Oat Smoothie, and California Quinoa Salad.
Yield: 24-25 servings