Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes (Total time will vary with appliance and setting.)
Level of Difficulty: Easy
- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- One 15oz can pumpkin
- One 12oz can evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Plain or vanilla non-fat or low-fat yogurt
- Crumbled cookies, like gingersnaps
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and a small amount (2 tablespoons) of the apple cider.
- Heat remaining apple cider in a sauce pan and boil until reduced to 1/3 volume.
- Add softened gelatin to sauce pan and heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, stir together maple syrup, pumpkin, evaporated milk, vanilla, salt and spices.
- Stir in warm gelatin mixture.
- Mixture should chill overnight to set up OR individual servings can be poured into clear cups/glasses and put into freezer to set up quicker.
- To serve, layer pumpkin filling alternating with yogurt and top with cookie crumbs.
Yield: 6 servings
- 126 calories
- 26gm carbohydrate
- 2gm fiber
- 6gm protein
- 20% DV for calcium
- excellent source of Vitamin A