Roasted Root Vegetables
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes (Total time will vary with appliance and setting.)
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Plan for about one pound of vegetables to make four servings
Choose as many of the following vegetables to include as you'd like
- sweet or other potato
Per pound of vegetables:
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- no more than ¼ teaspoon salt
- black pepper-to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried or 1 Tablespoon fresh herbs: thyme, sage, rosemary, etc.
- garlic-about 2 cloves, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. Vegetables can be cooked on a cookie sheet/sheet tray or metal or glass baking dish. Don’t overcrowd the pan. Vegetables should be in a single layer.
- Cut vegetables into equal sized pieces. The size can depend upon how fast you need them to be done, smaller=faster. Large or small is up to you but once you decide, all the vegetables should be about the same size.
- Toss the vegetables in the pan with oil and seasonings.
- Roast at 400° until golden and soft, around 30 minutes depending upon the size of the cut vegetables.
- About every 15 minutes, use a spatula to stir vegetables to ensure even cooking.
Yield: 4 servings
- 87 Calories
- 4gm Fat
- 13gm Carbohydrate
- 3gm Fiber
- 2gm Protein
- 129mg Sodium