Tuscan style Pasta with Cannellini
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes (Total time will vary with appliance and setting.)
Level of Difficulty: Easy
- 1 box whole wheat pasta (13-16oz)
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 5 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch leafy greens, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper-to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, follow time on package. (Reserve some pasta cooking liquid)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (less than a minute).
- Add greens; stirring occasionally until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes with their juice and seasonings.
- Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and toss with the sauce.
Yield: 6 servings
- 425 calories
- 12gm fat
- 75gm carbohydrate
- 15gm fiber
- 21gm protein
Good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Iron.