Vegetable Dill Soup
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon Margarine
- 1 Medium Onion- chopped small
- 1 Medium Green Cabbage- shredded
- 1 Can 8 Oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can 8 oz Diced Tomato
- 1 Teaspoon Dill
- 3 Large Carrots- medium dice
- 2 Celery Stalks- medium dice
- 1 Cup Zucchini- medium dice
- 1 Large Potato- medium dice
- 1 Cup Corn Kernels- fresh or frozen
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Sweat the onions in the margarine.
- Add cabbage, water, tomatoes and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a high simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until potatoes and squash are tender. Soup should be thick and saucy.
Yield: 8 servings