Henry Ford Women's Health Services includes maternal-fetal medicine, a subspecialty of obstetrics and gynecology, where the physician has advanced training and expertise in the care of women with high-risk pregnancies. Examples of high-risk pregnancies may include women with one or more of the following conditions:
- A pre-existing medical condition, such as diabetes or high blood pressure.
- Conception occurred while taking certain medications for other health issues.
- Age 35 years or older at the time of delivery.
- A medical history of a prior stillbirth or recurrent miscarriage.
- Development of pregnancy complications, such as preterm labor, too much or too little amniotic fluid, infection, vaginal bleeding, gestational diabetes, or high blood pressure.
- Complications found or suspected in the fetus, such as birth defects including cleft lip or heart defect, infections, or medical issues such as Down syndrome.
- Abnormal placentas or conditions such as placenta previa or an abruption.
- Multiple fetuses such as twins or triplets.
High-quality care for high-risk pregnancies
Board-certified Henry Ford maternal-fetal medicine specialists have expertise across the wide range of problems that might occur during pregnancy or labor and delivery. Our specialists provide:
- Advanced prenatal diagnostic studies.
- Pre-pregnancy evaluations
- First trimester screening
- Detailed obstetric ultrasound
- Diagnosis and treatment planning for medical and pregnancy-related complications in the mother-to-be
- Diagnosis and treatment planning for medical complications in the unborn baby
Convenient maternal-fetal medicine locations
To better serve you and provide you with the care you need, our high-risk pregnancy specialists are located at Henry Ford Medical Center - New Center One, Henry Ford Medical Center - Ford Road and Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital.