Outpatient Behavioral Health Services
No matter the situation you and your family face, Henry Ford Behavioral Health Services has the expertise to help. Our psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and nurses are highly trained in a range of mental health conditions and specialty areas:
- Addiction treatment
- Anger management
- Chronic pain management
- Dementia/memory Loss
- Learning disorders
- Mood disorders
- Pediatric behavioral health services
- Post traumatic stress disorder
Outpatient services at Henry Ford Behavioral Health: Why choose us
Our expert physicians, therapists, and social workers are able to help people with the stresses of daily life, as well as the emotional aspects of living with a life-changing disease.
- Comprehensive care: Henry Ford Behavioral Health is the single largest mental health program in the Midwest. Our comprehensive mental health and substance abuse treatment services offer a full continuum of care, from outpatient counseling to inpatient care as well as psychiatric-related procedures such as deep brain stimulation.
- Proven therapies: Following evaluation and diagnosis, our clinicians employ a proven approach to treatment, which may include psychotherapy, medication, or a combination of both.
- Expert depression treatment: We are nationally renown for our Perfect Depression Care program – one of the only programs in the world that has been shown to effectively reduce suicide. Learn more about depression treatment.
- Easy access to specialists: Our outpatient clinics offer an Open Access Program, which ensures that patients in need of mental health support get the services they need quickly, without long waits. Many patients can get same-day appointments.
- Personalized approach: At Henry Ford, we believe in a personalized approach for every patient, so we have dedicated teams who specialize in therapy and services for both adults and children.
- Convenient services in your community: We offer outpatient care at locations throughout the tri-county area, with dedicated programs for a wide range of conditions.
- Seamless transition to inpatient care: When intensive care is required, our inpatient facility, Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital, offers inpatient care, for children, adolescents, adults, and older adults. Learn more about inpatient psychiatric care.
Behavioral health services at Henry Ford
We offer many types of behavioral health services, including:
Behavioral health counseling services
Outpatient counseling for individuals, couples, and families.
- Inpatient counseling for patients hospitalized at Henry Ford Health System hospitals, with specialized inpatient psychiatric care provided at Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital.
- Substance abuse rehabilitation counseling including inpatient rehab at Henry Ford Maplegrove Center.
- Neuropsychiatric testing and counseling for a range of conditions and diseases.
Behavioral health medication therapy
In combination with counseling, Henry Ford psychiatrists provide medication therapy to help individuals in treatment for conditions such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.