Our most intensive outpatient treatment options provide comprehensive care for adults who do not require inpatient psychiatric care but would benefit from a more intensive therapeutic experience. These include:
- Intensive Outpatient Program, a clinical program for adults that is held three days per week
- Partial Hospitalization Program, a more intensive day-treatment program for adults with severe mental health conditions that allows patients to return home each evening
Some of the other forms of treatment your doctor or therapist may include in your care plan may include are:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: Cognitive behavioral therapy, also known as CBT, is a therapy technique that focuses on working on your thought patterns and behaviors. We use CBT to help patients recognize their unique cognitive processes, or their thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes. Once you see how these processes influence how you think and act, we can help you change harmful patterns in how you feel and behave.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy: Dialectical behavioral therapy, or DBT, is an evidence-based treatment shown to be an effective treatment for patients with suicidal thoughts, self-injury or patients with borderline personality disorder. You’ll work on becoming more aware of your emotions and learn how to deal with negative emotions and stress that affect your life. You’ll also learn ways to improve relationships with loved ones. Our DBT team members have advanced training in this specialized therapy.
- Electroconvulsive therapy: Electroconvulsive therapy, or ECT, uses small electrical currents on patients under anesthesia in a carefully controlled setting. This painless procedure has been shown to be effective for certain conditions, like catatonia and severe depression, when other treatments haven’t worked. Your doctor will decide if ECT can help you and provide a referral if needed.
If your condition is severe, we may recommend that you or your child enter inpatient care. This allows us to provide intensive treatment in a controlled environment, as well as give you tools to better manage your condition once you go home. Learn about our inpatient psychiatric care options.