What integrative treatments are available?
Your specific health needs and priorities will determine whether integrative medicine is right for you. A few treatments available to breast cancer patients include:
- Acupuncture: Studies have shown that acupuncture minimizes hot flashes in breast cancer patients and lasts longer than medication with fewer side effects.
- Chiropractic care: Studies have shown that chiropractic therapy can help relieve headaches and back and joint pain in women who have had breast cancer treatment.
- ExCITE: This exercise therapy program is customized for each patient during treatment and recovery.
- Massage therapy: Massage may help alleviate anxiety, pain, and fatigue in breast cancer patients.
- Nutritional therapies: Minimize weight gain and maintain a healthy body weight during treatment, as well as reduce fatigue and other treatment side effects.