Learn the basics of Medicare from licensed agents with Medicare Concierge Services, a partner of Henry Ford Health. Both in-person and virtual...
Henry Ford Hospital and Henry Ford Macomb Hospital Named Top 50 U.S. Cardiovascular Centers for 2017
Selected from more than 1000 hospitals evaluated across the United States, this is the fifth time each of the Henry Ford hospitals have received the award through the 100 Top Hospitals program by Truven Health Analytics.
The Truven evaluation is based on publicly available data that compares patient outcomes, operational efficiencies and financial metrics. Study winners had better outcomes while operating more efficiently and at a lower cost than others included in the analysis.
The Truven data showed 2017 winners had:
- Significantly higher inpatient survival than non-winning cardiovascular hospitals (20% to 55% higher)
- Fewer patients with complications (20-22% fewer)
- Higher 30-day survival rates for acute myocardial infarction, or heart attack; heart failure; and heart bypass patients (.5-1.1% higher survival rate)
- Lower readmissions rates for those same types of patients (1.05 percentage points lower)
- Hospital stays that are on average one day less
- $1,200 to $6,100 less in total costs per patient case
Together, Henry Ford Hospital and Henry Ford Macomb Hospital offer cardiovascular options not available at other heart centers in the region, including complex cardiac electrophysiology, advanced cardiac imaging, cardio-oncology and specialists in congenital heart disease.
According to industry studies based on Medicare patients, if all cardiovascular providers performed at the level of the Truven winners:
- More than 9,000 additional lives could be saved annually in the United States
- An additional 6,000 heart patients could be complication-free
- More than $1.4 billion could be saved
Story time inspires costumes created for the hospital’s tiniest patients
All Five Henry Ford Health Hospitals Earn Highest Quality Recognition for Stroke Care from American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
Henry Ford Hospital Earns Prestigious Recognition from National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer
One of only 69 hospitals across the country to earn this quality accreditation. DETROIT (Oct. 20, 2022) – Henry Ford Hospital has earned a...
This all-virtual heart failure drug assessment study could serve as a model for future research.
Heart medications are very dependent on a patient’s specific health needs and what symptoms or heart conditions they are being treated for. A cardiologist explains the basics.
Getting your annual influenza vaccine can actually lower your risk of a cardiovascular episode even in you do catch a mild case of the flu.
Can heart valve disease be repaired without open-heart surgery? Find out whether transcatheter valve replacement or repair is right for you.
Do you need surgery for heart valve disease? Find out if heart valve repair versus replacement is the better choice for you.