Do you want to gain a clear picture of your health, while working around your busy schedule?
Designed for Busy Executives Like You
In recent years, the business world has gotten more hectic.
You’re facing unprecedented challenges that require more time, attention and strategy to work through, but this doesn’t mean you can ignore your health. In fact, in this busier workplace with new stressors, it’s even more important to ensure you’re healthy. However, we understand you don’t have time to schedule multiple office visits and follow-up appointments. The Henry Ford Executive Health program offers everything you need: A premier evaluation that’s close to home – and which is designed to be your all-in-one solution for leading care.
We created a one-day executive health program centered around you and your schedule.
From your initial phone call through the day of testing and beyond, our team works with you to streamline the process and minimize your time constraints. Collectively, your tests and consultations with our board-certified experts provide you with a clear picture of your overall health, recommendations for addressing any existing health issues, identification of any individual risk factors along with a plan that helps you to decrease your risk for developing these conditions, and strategies to help you focus on greater wellness and longevity.
Some of the benefits of our personalized approach include:
- Executive health liaison: We pair you with a liaison who is available to answer any questions you may have and help you navigate through the process.
- Exclusive appointments: Throughout your evaluation day, our team focuses on you and your needs.
- Fast results: Your Executive Health physician will review your results with you at the end of the visit. In addition, you can review your results in real time in your Henry Ford MyChart account.
Your Comprehensive Evaluation
Shortly before you arrive for your one-day evaluation, you’ll have a virtual appointment with your Executive Health physician. This pre-check is an important part of the process – giving you an opportunity to connect with your doctor, discuss your goals and determine the specific assessments that will be the best fit for your individual health needs. These may include:
Far Beyond Routine Testing
People who have completed our Executive Health program are often surprised at the depth of testing we offer. Some of the popular assessments included as part of your standard evaluation day include:
- Neurological consultation (test motor and cognitive skills): A neurologist will check critical brain and sensory functions to assess your risk for developing cognitive conditions such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. This tests your mental acumen, functional motor skills, pupil and eye movements, and coordination and reflexes.
- Nutritional consultation (identify ways to eat better): A nutritionist will evaluate your diet to determine if you’re eating the right foods to promote proper health. You’ll get advice on what to eat in order to avoid conditions or disorders such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- Biomechanical assessment (test balance and alignment): One of our specialists will examine your lower limbs, looking for how well you function while sitting, walking or running. This tests for proper balance, normal and abnormal muscular function as well as possible signs of future foot, knee and back impairment.
Our Executive Health program is centered within the Henry Ford Center for Athletic Medicine (CAM). This state-of-the-art health and wellness facility provides access to high-quality, compassionate care and the latest diagnostic technology. Some tests are offered at our flagship Henry Ford Hospital and at our new Henry Ford Cancer Institute pavilion. Both are near the CAM and we provide white glove transportation service among all testing facilities.
Your Executive Health Visit
Once you have scheduled your evaluation, your personal liaison will work with you to ensure you have everything you need for your executive health visit, and will be available to answer any questions you may have before you arrive.
There are several steps prior to your evaluation day, to ensure that you have everything you need for your visit:
- Step 1: Henry Ford MyChart. If you’re not already a MyChart member, your executive liaison will help you set up an account.
- Step 2: Health questionnaire. Once you are registered with MyChart and signed in, you’ll complete a comprehensive health questionnaire. This helps us to determine which screenings and consultations will be most relevant to your individual health and wellness needs.
- Step 3: Call with Executive Health physician. To better ensure that your executive health visit includes everything you need for your personalized evaluation, one of our physicians will call you to discuss your individual needs and make any necessary edits to your planned visit.
- Step 4: Detailed confirmation message. Shortly before your scheduled evaluation day, we’ll send you a detailed message that outlines all of your scheduled services and day(s). This will also include driving directions to the Henry Ford Center for Athletic Medicine and check-in instructions. Finally, this message will include specific instructions regarding the type of clothes to wear, fasting notes and any other details that are relevant to your individual executive health evaluation.
You’ll check in at the Henry Ford Center for Athletic Medicine front desk, where your personal liaison will be waiting for you. From there, you’ll proceed through the morning portion of your evaluation, which will include:
- Comprehensive family and medical history with a Henry Ford Medical Group internal medicine physician
- Complete physical
- Blood work and laboratory testing (if samples not drawn prior to visit)
- Initial specialty consultations and testing
- Dietary consultation
Following a provided lunch, your afternoon will include:
- Additional specialty consultations and testing
- Sex-specific testing
- Behavioral and lifestyle assessment
Your executive health physician will review your results with you at the end of the visit. In addition, you can review your results in real time in your Henry Ford MyChart account. Finally, we can send a detailed letter to your primary care physician and follow up with you by phone after your executive health evaluation.