Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology
Find a comfortable environment for young girls and teens to get treatment for women’s health issues.
Girls of all ages -- infants, children, tweens, and adolescents -- can experience gynecological and reproductive health issues. Our pediatric and adolescent gynecologists specialize in treating these young patients.
What is pediatric & adolescent gynecology?
Since the mid-2000s, pediatric and adolescent gynecology has become a subspecialty of OB-GYN dedicated to caring for the still-developing bodies of girls from birth through age 21.
Our all-female team evaluates and treats gynecological or reproductive issues in an environment designed to be welcoming for young children and teens who may be anxious or uncomfortable talking about sensitive health issues.
Conditions we treat
Our pediatric and adolescent gynecologists treat a range of medical needs that can affect female infants, children, and adolescents, including:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Ambiguous genitalia
- Birth defects that involve the reproductive organs
- Counseling & information on HPV vaccination
- Early or delayed puberty
- Labial adhesions
- Painful or irregular periods
- Pelvic pain/endometriosis
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Prevention of pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases; screening for STDs
- Rashes and skin conditions in genital areas
- Vaginal itching, vulvitis, chronic vaginal infections
We also treat girls with cognitive delays or emotional impairments. The transition into womanhood, including the onset of menstruation, can bring unique challenges for some of these young women. We are here to help them and their families adjust.
Visit our pediatric and adolescent gynecologists
Our all-female team sees patients at four locations: