This procedure provides information about the size of liver along with information about liver function.
- A technologist will inject a small amount of radioactive material in a vein.
- After a brief wait, you will be placed under a camera which will acquire multiple images of the liver and spleen from multiple angles.
- Total test time is 45 minutes to one hour.
- Follow up with ordering doctor.
- Arrive 15 - 30 minutes prior to appointment with a prescription if your doctor has given one to you.
- Bring a list of your medications.
- Cannot be done less than 24 hours after an exam with Barium.
- If you are pregnant or suspect you may be, contact your referring doctor.
- Tell the technologist if you are planning to travel out of the country.
- For Macomb patients: Please note that our Nuclear Medicine equipment has a table weight limit of 400 lbs.