Lung cancer screening has shown that we can detect cancer much earlier in people most at risk.
Smoking Cessation and Acupuncture Special Offer
Quitting smoking or other tobacco products will be one of the hardest things you’ll ever do – but you don’t have to do it alone. Based on years of research and experience, our quit-tobacco programs make the process of smoking cessation easier by providing the treatment needed to overcome the physical, emotional and social dependency on tobacco.
Benefits of quitting smoking
There are several immediate and long-term benefits from smoking cessation. When you quit tobacco:
- Within 20 minutes: Your blood pressure and heart rate drop.
- Within 12 hours: The oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in your blood return to normal.
- Within two days: Your senses of taste and smell improve.
- Within two weeks to three months: Your risk of a heart attack begins to drop and your circulation and lung function improve, making physical activity easier.
- Within one to nine months: Coughing, sinus congestion, shortness of breath and fatigue decrease and you have more energy.
- Within one year: Your risk of heart disease drops in half.
- Within five years: Your risk of stroke is similar to people who have never smoked.
- Within 10 years: Your risk of lung cancer drops to about half that of a smoker, and your risk of mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas cancer also decreases.
Smoking cessation and acupuncture
Our tobacco treatment team also works with other specialists at Henry Ford to provide streamlined referrals and coordinated care, when necessary. This includes complementary and alternative medicine practitioners in the Center for Integrative Medicine (CIM). Acupuncture, in particular, may help increase your chances of quitting tobacco for good.
Limited-time offer for smoking cessation and acupuncture
- Receive a package of five acupuncture visits for the reduced price of $200 – less than half of the normal cost.
- This is the typical course of acupuncture treatment for quitting tobacco.
- Anybody who is enrolled in the Henry Ford Tobacco Intervention Program (TIP) is eligible for this offer.
- Once enrolled, the TIP staff will work with you to schedule your acupuncture appointments.
- You can receive your acupuncture treatment at our Henry Ford Medical Center – Novi or Henry Ford Medical Center – Pierson Clinic locations.
Henry Ford Center for Integrative Medicine
The CIM offers wellness counseling and therapies provided by highly skilled practitioners experienced in the world’s best healing traditions. Our team offers a variety of therapeutic approaches – both individually and combined – to support the total health and well being of each person.
Contact us to learn more
For more information about the smoking cessation and acupuncture special offer, as well as Tobacco Treatment Services offered through Henry Ford Health System, please call TIP at (888) 427-7587, visit our Tobacco Free Program or email.