A 60-year-old patient is back on skates after robotic assisted full knee replacement.
ROSA Robotic Total Knee Replacement
At Henry Ford Center for Joint Replacement we strive to offer patients the best possible treatment options for each unique condition. We offer robotic assisted total knee replacements at all of our six sites.
ROSA, Robotic Surgical Assistant, a tool designed to help your specially trained Henry Ford surgeon tailor the placement of your knee implant to you. ROSA offers a more precise implant placement and improved ligament balance during knee replacement. Getting a precise knee implant fit and joint balance is important to your comfort and may improve your overall outcome and longevity of the knee replacement.
How it works
Our joint replacement surgeons have been specially trained to use the ROSA Knee. The robot is fully operated by your surgeon who works alongside the robot in the operating room the entire time and will be making all the decisions throughout your surgery.
- ROSA Knee provides data to create a 3D model of your knee. This enables your surgeon to plan and customize your surgery before entering the operating room.
- During your procedure, ROSA Knee utilizes a camera and optical trackers attached to your leg to know exactly where your knee is in space. Think of it like a very detailed global positioning system (GPS) that you might use in your car. If your leg moves even a fraction of an inch, the robot can tell and adjusts accordingly. This information, combined with your surgeon’s skill, helps them know how to position your implant and provide the most balanced joint.
- ROSA’s robotic arm assists the surgeon in preparing the bone and confirms the placement of the knee replacement implant.
Your specially trained joint replacement surgeon preforms the surgery from start to finish with the assistance of the robot. By using this data to make more informed decisions, your surgeon can plan for and carry out a more personalized approach.
What are the advantages for me?
- Added level of precision with additional data points and 3D model
- Can be less invasive than traditional knee replacement surgery
- Alleviate arthritic pain
- Improved implant position compared to conventional instrumentation
- Better ligament balance compared to conventional instrumentation
- Can be less invasive than traditional total knee replacement surgery
Ready to get started? Request an appointment.