What you can expect from your Henry Ford team
When you come to us for care, we promise to provide:
Our experts collaborate on every patient’s case during our weekly tumor board meeting. We draw on the expertise of specialists from many fields to design the most effective treatment plan for you.
Our tumor board includes:
- Medical oncologists (doctors who provide chemotherapy)
- Radiation oncologists
- Nutritionists, social workers, and others
- Clinical trials nurses who evaluate each patient for participation in research and clinical trials
Our treatments range from minimally invasive robot-assisted surgical procedures for early cancers to combined therapies for advanced cancers.
Support for you and your loved ones
We will provide a wide range of support for you and your family, including:
- Customized treatment in convenient locations across Detroit.
- Access to research and clinical trials, which give you a broader range of options, including brand-new treatments.
- Help for every phase of treatment, including support groups and therapies to help you manage symptoms.
What to expect at your first appointment
We will spend several hours with you to explain your diagnosis, review your treatment plan, and answer your questions. We encourage you to bring a family member, friend, or another caregiver with you to this appointment because you will learn a lot of important information. At the appointment, you will:
- Meet your nurse navigator, who will be your point of contact throughout treatment. This nurse will help schedule appointments and answer any questions you and your family may have.
- Meet with your team of physicians. This may include a medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, surgeon, and interventional pulmonologist.
- Learn about the cancer’s stage and the treatment options your team recommends.
- Learn what to expect before, during, and after treatment.
- Schedule additional tests or appointments.
- Be connected to others who understand what you’re going through, with options for support groups.