TytoCare Device Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a TytoCare Device?
- What type of smartphones and tablets work with the TytoCare app?
- Where can I get a TytoCare Device?
- Is the TytoCare device covered by insurance?
- How much does the TytoCare device cost?
- How does the TytoCare Device work?
- What type of conditions can the TytoCare device diagnose?
- Can I use the TytoCare device with any virtual care visit?
- During a Henry Ford Video Visit On Demand who will I be talking with?
- How does the TytoCare Device let me send information to the doctor during the Henry Ford Video Visit On Demand?
- Are Henry Ford Video Visits On Demand covered by insurance?
- Is TytoCare cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration?
- Do I need training to use TytoCare?
- Can I use TytoCare away from my home?
What is a TytoCare Device?
A TytoCare device is a handheld device that works through your smartphone and pairs with your Henry Ford MyChart account to allow you to have a 3-dimensional video visit with your doctor. Through the Tyto device during a video visit doctors can see down the throat, in the ears, listen to the heart and lung sounds, take temperature and vital signs. This allows for a much more thorough exam while engaging in a virtual care video visit.
What type of smartphones and tablets work with the TytoCare app?
The TytoCare app works with iOS (10 and above) and Android (4.4.4 and above). Here are the specific requirements needed:
- Apple device users: iOS 10 or newer; iPhone 5S, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch 6, plus newer models
- Android device users: Android 4.4.4 or newer; Samsung Galaxy S5, S6 plus, Note 5, A7, J7 and up, LG G4 and up
Where can I get a TytoCare Device?
The TytoCare device is available for sale through Henry Ford Health. Order the TytoCare Device now.
Is the TytoCare device covered by insurance?
Check with your insurance provider. Some insurances cover the cost of the device. If they do not cover the cost of the device, you can use your FSA, HSA, HRA, PayPal, credit card or debit card for the purchase.
How much does the TytoCare device cost?
The cost of the TytoCare device is $149.00
You can use your health savings account (HSA), health reimbursement account (HRA) or flexible spending account (FSA) to save on taxes.
How does the TytoCare Device work?
The TytoCare device lets you perform guided medical exams with a Henry Ford MyCare OnDemand provider. It has the following exam capabilities: Camera for taking photos and videos of the skin and the throat, thermometer for taking temperature, otoscope for looking inside the ears, stethoscope for heart, lung, and abdomen sounds and capturing heart rate. All exam data is stored on our HIPAA-compliant cloud, so you can be confident that your health data is private and secure.
What type of conditions can the TytoCare device diagnose?
A Tyto visit provides the doctor with high-quality digital sounds of the heart and lungs, high-quality digital images and video of the ears, throat, and skin and measures heart rate and body temperature. Using this examination data, the doctor can provide you with a diagnosis, treatment plan, and prescription if needed. TytoCare can help a doctor diagnose and treat many common conditions, including:
- Ear infections
- Sore throats
- Cold and flu
- Pink eye
- Sinus and upper respiratory infections
- Bug bites and common skin conditions, including contact dermatitis, rash and diaper rash
Can I use the TytoCare device with any virtual care visit?
Yes. The device can be used for all primary care (scheduled and on-demand) visits. TytoCare also can be used for certain specialty visits, but you should first ask your specialty provider or when scheduling your appointment..
During a Henry Ford Video Visit On Demand who will I be talking with?
During a Henry Ford Video Visit On Demand you will speaking with a Henry Ford doctor on call.
How does the TytoCare Device let me send information to the doctor during the Henry Ford Video Visit On Demand?
TytoCare lets you send exam data over an encrypted, secure network, which is then stored on a cloud platform that meets privacy standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, also known as HIPAA. You and your healthcare provider determine who can access your medical records.
Are Henry Ford Video Visits On Demand covered by insurance?
Yes. Many insurances cover Henry Ford Video Visits On Demand. Please check with your insurance provider.
Is TytoCare cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration?
The device complies with FDA requirements, and the stethoscope is FDA-cleared.
Do I need training to use TytoCare?
Tyto has built-in training videos and guidance technology to help ensure accuracy and ease-of-use. When using TytoCare during a live video exam, your doctor will guide you through the examination process, letting you know where to put the stethoscope on your heart, where to place the otoscope inside the ear, etc. For tips and training on using your TytoCare device, we recommend completing the Tyto Academy prior to your first video visit. For additional support, call the TytoCare hotline at 866-971-8986 or call our 24/7 Henry Ford Video Visit On Demand hotline 313-874-7526.
Can I use TytoCare away from my home?
Yes. TytoCare is lightweight, compact and portable. It is designed for all types of remote use. All you need is the MyChart app, a smartphone or tablet and a Wi-Fi connection.